Data Protection on Our Website
This Privacy Statement will inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data on our website by the controller PAION Deutschland GmbH und PAION AG, Heussstraße 25, 52078 Aachen, Federal Republic of Germany, hereafter referred to as "PAION." The contents of this Privacy Statement are based on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), since the data protection regulations of the German Telemedia Act [Telemediengesetz, TMG] will no longer apply after 25 May 2018.
General Data Protection Notices
Who is this website's controller? How can you contact us about data protection matters? How can you contact our data protection officer? All of this is explained in our IMPRINT.
For data protection matters, you have the right to submit a complaint to the competent data protection supervisory authorities. Please see our IMPRINT for more details.
You are entitled to a number of personal rights which we will try our best to implement:
You may demand the correction of incorrect data.
You may demand the deletion of your data if none of the number of exceptions of the General Data Protection Regulation apply.
- Processing Restriction
You may demand that your data shall no longer be used actively (e.g., if you doubt the accuracy of the data).
- Right to Object to Our "Legitimate Interests"
If the legitimate interests of your individual case outweigh those of our business interests, you may object to the processing. In many cases, this can be done through a so-called "Opt-Out."
- Data Portability
If you actively provide data and if the legal basis of the processing is due to (a) your consent or (b) our contractual relationship, you may demand that we provide this data to you in electronic form.
Collection of Information by the Website
When "surfing" our website, the following data will be collected and used to provide the website in your interest:
- Time and date (This allows us to determine specific times which helps us to, e.g., pinpoint technical problems.)
- IP address (Your IP address is required for the web server to transmit requested data.)
- Requested data (What file are you requesting? In which subdirectory is the file?)
- The port through which you request the data (This information is automatically transmitted by your browser. You will receive your requested website through this port.)
- Referring website (When opening our website, some browsers include the URL of the last website you visited.)
- Name of the browser you use to surf the Internet (This information is automatically transmitted by your browser. We may use this information to visually display contents. Your browser may also transmit other information, e.g., through installed programs.)
- Request status (This allows us to recognize whether the requested website exists and can be sent to you.)
- Various: For the sake of completeness, please note that your browser may send additional data (browser name, screen resolution, etc.) to our web server. This is something we cannot influence.
The above-stated data will only be saved on the memory of our web server for a fraction of a second. This is absolutely necessary technically to make websites available. Therefore, this establishes our "legitimate interest" in the sense of Article 6(1) Letter (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation. Our web server is hosted in Germany.
Due to the nature of the Internet, this data will be processed by a number of servers before your request reaches our web server. Accordingly, your data may be collected and used in "third countries" (e.g., the US). This is something that PAION cannot influence.
You may request information from us (business reports; press releases; ad hoc announcements; telephone conference invitations"”collectively referred to as the "newsletter"). This allows us to keep you updated about PAION.
The subscription process uses so-called "Double-Opt-In authentication": First, you will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation link which you have to activate. This will permanently document your consent in the sense of Article 6(1) Letter (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation. If you do not activate the link, your subscription data will be deleted after 3 months.
If you receive a confirmation email without solicitation, someone may have entered your email address into our request form without authorization. Please ignore these circumstances and delete such emails. You will not incur any disadvantage and will receive no further messages.
A hyperlink that allows you to unsubscribe immediately is provided at the bottom of each message. Your subscription and un-subscription data will be subsequently deleted.
Cookies are small text files saved on your hard disk by your browser. This is useful for various purposes for adjusting a website to its users.
The following cookies with respective storage durations and access durations will be saved on the devices of visitors to our website:
a) Own Short-Duration Cookies ("Session Cookies")
These cookies serve the functionality of our website. The legal basis is our "legitimate interest" in the sense of Article 6(1) Letter (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation. These cookies will be deleted when you close your browser.
b) Own Longer-Duration Cookies
These cookies (duration: 1 day to 16 months) enable long-term recognition of our website by your browser, if you have agreed to it. This allows us to adjust contents "tomorrow" or "next week." This website uses Piwik (a software) for statistical assessments of user access. Piwik uses "cookies" to allow use of our website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie will be saved on the website's server in Germany. Your IP address will be shortened and thereby anonymized immediately after its collection and prior to being saved. The shortened IP address, time of the visit, operating system, browser and the referrer URL will be saved. The collected data will be deleted after one year and is only used to improve PAION's web offer. You can prevent the cookie from being installed through your browser settings (see above). However, please note that doing so may also prevent you from fully using every function of this website. This includes the cookie cc1601, which is stored for a period of one year. This cookie is required to save the selection of permitted cookies that you have made.
Social Media Plugins (LinkedIn)
We do not have active plugins installed on our website. We only provide normal hyperlinks to the respective social networks. This protects your data, since we do not transmit data to the respective providers this way. You are free to decide whether you wish to activate the respective hyperlinks.
Geolocalization Services (Google Maps)
We offer you a convenient way to follow our stock prices. For this we integrate an “iFrame” from ariva.de if you have agreed to it.
Links to Other Websites
The data protection principles described herein only apply to this website. We have no influence on the contents of third-party websites, including those linked by our website. Please familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and other legal declarations of the respective third-party websites. The contents of links cannot be permanently reviewed. PAION cannot guarantee the level of data protection of all linked websites and will not be liable for the contents of such websites.
Contacting Us About Data Protection
Please do not hesitate to contact us about any data protection matters. We provide the following contact options:
- If you have general questions or concerns about data protection, please send us an email at email@example.com. Your email will be forwarded to our company's employees who are trained to handle data protection matters. This allows us to support you quickly and non-bureaucratically. Alternatively, you may also contact us through our contact details in our imprint.
Please submit any questions and concerns about your data to the contact details provided there.
- If you would like to contact our data protection officer, please send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if your request relates to PAION AG or email@example.com if your request relates to PAION GmbH. In case you are not sure which legal entity your request relates to you may use either address. Your inquiries will be treated confidentially. Our data protection officer is not responsible for ensuring that your requests (information, etc.) are fulfilled. Our data protection officer is available to you for confidential inquiries and general legal matters.
Your Right to Submit Complaints to Data Protection Authorities
Under Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to submit complaints to the competent data protection supervisory authority. The according contact details are: LDI NRW, Kavalleriestr. 2-4, 40213 Düsseldorf, GERMANY, Tel. 0049-211-38424-0, www.ldi.nrw.de.
You may also approach us first before contacting the supervisory authorities. If we are unable to assist you, you may then submit a complaint to the above-stated supervisory authority.