Michael Schlenk, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Michael Schlenk is a member of PAION's Supervisory Board since May 2022 and was elected as its chairman in May 2022.
Michael has worked in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries for 35+ years, with 25+ years as a CEO, business angel and investor in fast-growing biotech, pharma and IT companies. Michael has lived and worked all over the world and in more than 10 countries for companies including Sandoz/Novartis, Abbott, ProBioGen AG and the NASDAQ-listed CENTOGENE. He is highly experienced in building up and reorganising start-ups and technology companies. Today, he is head of the supervisory board of the IT company OXID eSales AG in Freiburg as well as supervisory member of the MBA Programme at the University of Potsdam.
Michael studied Business (Dipl.-Kaufmann) in Hamburg and completed an MBA Programme in the UK with the assistance of a BAT scholarship.
Other supervisory board memberships or similar positions:
- OXID eSales AG, Freiburg: Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- arcensus GmbH, Rostock, Berlin: Chairman of Supervisory Board and Co-Founder
- Universität Potsdam MBA Programm: Member of the Supervisory Board
Dr. Karin Louise Dorrepaal, Vice-Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Chairman of the HR & Nomination Committee
Dr. Karin Dorrepaal is a member of PAION's Supervisory Board since October 2012. She has broad experience in the Life Science Industry. After four years as a research fellow at the Netherlands Cancer Institute, Dr. Dorrepaal received her PhD from the Free University of Amsterdam, Netherlands. She went on to study at the Rotterdam School of Management where she obtained an MBA. In 1990, Dr. Dorrepaal joined Booz Allen Hamilton, Management Consultants. She specialized in the pharmaceutical industry and advised major companies on issues regarding strategy, sales, marketing and supply chain. In 2000, Dr. Dorrepaal was appointed Vice President of Booz Allen.
In 2004, the Supervisory Board of Schering AG appointed Dr. Dorrepaal to the Board of Executive Directors of Schering AG. After Bayer AG acquired Schering AG, Dr. Dorrepaal left the company in 2006 and since that time she holds several non-executive roles in Germany, Ireland, Spain and the Netherlands.
Supervisory board memberships or other positions:
- Gerresheimer AG, Dusseldorf/Germany, Member of the Supervisory Board
- Almirall S.A., Barcelona/Spain, Member of the Board of Directors
- Triton Investment Management Limited, St. Helier/Jersey, Member of the Triton Industry Board
- Kerry Group plc, Tralee/Ireland, Non-executive director
- Julius Clinical Research BV, Bunnik/The Netherlands, Member of the Supervisory Board
- Van Eeghen & Co, Amsterdam/The Netherlands, Non-executive director
- Intravacc B.V., Bilthoven/The Netherlands, Non-executive director
Dr. Chris Tanner, Chairman of the Audit Committee
Dr. Chris Tanner is a member of PAION's Supervisory Board since June 2017.
Dr. Chris Tanner was a member of the Executive Board and a member of the Supervisory Board of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals N.V. (until May 2021) for which he conducted the IPO as Chief Financial Officer and Head of Investor Relations. In 2015, Cosmo span off the daughter Cassiopea SpA where he was Chief Financial Officer and Head of Investor Relations until end of 2020. Moreover, he is a member of the board of directors or advisory board (Beirat) of listed DKSH AG, Private Equity Holding AG and the private medtec companies Qvanteq AG and Joimax GmbH. From 1998 to 2001, he was a partner of Dr. Ernst Mueller-Moehl and co-founder of the 20 Minutes group of newspapers and founded A&A Active Investor, a SIX-listed investment company. From 1992 to 1998, he was the Head of Corporate Finance & Capital Markets at UBS in Zurich, and from 1976 to 1991 he had various functions in the Corporate Banking Department at UBS in Zurich, Madrid and Los Angeles. Dr. Tanner has a PhD in economics and a diploma as economist from the University of St. Gallen.
Other supervisory board memberships or similar positions:
- DKSH Holding AG, Zurich/Switzerland, Member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Audit Committee
- CureVac AG, Tübingen/Germany, Member of the Supervisory Board and Chairman of the Audit Committee
- Joimax GmbH, Karlsruhe/Germany, Member of the Advisory
- Qvanteq AG, Zurich/Switzerland, Member of the Board of Directors
- LifeMatrix AG, Zurich/Switzerland, Member of the Board of Directors
- Wyss Zurich (ETH Zürich), Zurich/Switzerland, Member of the Evaluation Board
Dr. Markus Leyck Dieken
Dr. Leyck Dieken is a member of PAION's Supervisory Board since May 2019.
He has over 20 years of experience in the European pharma business in various positions. Since 2019 the graduated physician is managing director of gematik GmbH. Before that Dr. Leyck Dieken was senior vice president and managing director of Shionogi Europe Central and inter alia has been working for Teva in various global and European leadership positions for many years, was Europe Head of the Novartis Vaccine Division, Senior Vice President of InterMune and Vice President of Novo Nordisk.
Gregor Siebert, Chairman of the Commercial Committee
Gregor Siebert is a member of PAION's Supervisory Board since May 2022
Gregor Siebert started his career in the pharmaceutical industry in 1985 with a strong focus on commercialisation and marketing in the hospital and injectables business. For more than 30 years he held sales and marketing management positions at Abbott, Hikma, Pfizer, GL-Pharma and Curasan. In his almost 20 years with Abbott, he launched several important pharmaceutical products for anaesthesia and sedation in Germany and other European markets. His expertise lies in the development and implementation of targeted marketing and sales strategies for the hospital and injectable markets. Gregor Siebert studied agricultural science (Dipl. Ing. agr.) at the University of Bonn.